- Most commonly used shielding bag meets limits of ANSI/ESD S541 per ANSI/ESD S20.20
High volume manufacturing provides value for the customer
- 40% light transmission
Allows for easy identification of bag contents
- Integral antistatic, low tribocharging properties
Bag contents will not electrostatically charge during movement
- Integral static dissipative properties
Not topically treated, not humidity dependant, won’t wear off
- Manufactured on specially designed soft fold converting machines
Prevents scratches and creases maintaining the integrity of Faraday Cage shielding protection
- Large 3/8″ wide seals – high performance interior sealing layer
Greater sealing surface provides greater seal strength compared to comparable products with 1/8″ wide seals; higher quality, more durable
- Identified with ESD Protective Symbol as required by ANSI/ESD S541 with lot code #.
Improved quality control tracking and identified as ESD packaging.
- Polycarbonate compatible containing no amines or N-octanic acid
Non-corrosive, will not contaminate parts
- Testable to industry standards
Meets or exceeds one or more of the following standards: electrical and physical requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20, ANSI/ESD S541, EIA 541, EIA 625, MIL-STD-1686, and EIA 583
- Low charging antistatic high visibility yellow reclosable zipper
- Use labels to close shielding bags and seal ESD protective packaging
- Lead-free RoHS compliant
Click for RoHS Compliancy Statement
- To see Desco�s Statshield Metal In bags being used at a workstation, click here
- Made in The United States of America
The bag’s material meets the performance specification requirements of ANSI/ESD S541.
Sold in packages of 100 bags packaged in a protective oversized ESD bag.
Resistance of outer surface: <10E11 ohms per ANSI/ESD S11.11
Resistance of inner surface: <10E11 ohms ANSI/ESD S11.11
Thickness: Nominal .0030″ (.0762mm) ±10%
Technical Requirements and Guidance
�ESD protective packaging shall be in accordance with the contract, purchase order, drawing or other documentation. When not specified by the above documentation, the organization shall define ESD protective packaging requirements, both inside and outside the EPA per ANSI/ESD S541.� [ANSI/ESD S20.20-2007 section 8.4]
ANSI/ESD S541 Section 6.2 Outside an EPA:
�Transportation of sensitive products outside of an EPA shall require packaging that provides:
1. Low charge generation
2. Dissipative or conductive materials for intimate contact
3. A structure that provides electrostatic discharge shielding.�
Desco�s bags are recyclable
Mixed unsortable plastic scrap shall contain assorted plastics of multiple grades that are co-extruded, bonded or laminated together which are unsortable into individual grades.
Desco ESD Bags Are Generally Reusable
For best results, bag inventory should be continually replenished. It is recommended that standard packs of bags should be stored in its original packaging in a climate controlled environment where the temperature ra